The most amazing thing has happened.
I adopted a little girl from World Vision about three years ago. Her name is Pahola Alejandra and she is from Honduras. She will be FIVE in July, and every time I get a picture of her I am astounded by how much she has grown.
World Vision charges $35 a month and until I graduated I had been splitting this fee three ways with two of the girls from my small group at church. I am now on my own, and I was sort of in a pickle until God reached down his mighty hand and helped me out.
I have not had a full-time job since the summer before last, since I was taking classes this past summer. Money has just been kind of tight, and my mind was boggling at how I was going to continue to provide for Pahola and her family while I was in Kosovo, since I did not have enough in my savings account to take care of her while I am there (since I will not be collecting a salary).
So, I began praying. I asked God to provide me enough to cover the $35 fee six times (so, $210... My math might be a little off, and if it is, don't judge me. I am an English major and I just did that in my head...)
And boy, did Papa come through in a big way. A very kind soul gave me a gift that more than covers this fee! In fact, this person's gift will provide for Pahola and her sweet family for the six months that I am gone, plus the two months that I will be out of work while I am waiting for the school year to start! Praise The Lord for he is good and his love endures forever!
I keep thinking about the verse in Matthew that talks about God's gifts to His children. The verse says, "if you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"
The Lord, who abundantly blesses us, takes care of His children. Every good and perfect gift comes from him! Praise The Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment