So I'm gonna get real in this update for a little bit. I've told y'all about all the good, happy things that have happened, so I guess it's only fair if I tell you some of my struggles too, right?
This week, and last week too, have been pretty hard. Because most of my friends are in high school, I spend a good bit of time at home without anything to do. I feel trapped by the language barrier so it's hard to communicate with anyone who doesn't have to put up with me (like my landlord, bless her soul). Even going to the store is hard because I don't always know the Albanian names for things (or more likely, Google Translate has told me the wrong thing).
The point is that I feel pretty useless right now. I've been having lots of days like today, where I know I probably won't have anywhere I need to be until 7 PM tonight for youth group.
You guys. I am so lonely. I did not come over here expecting everything to be sunshine and daisies, but I think it's different looking towards the future from my comfortable life in America and actually living here, where I can count the number of people I know on both hands.
I need your prayers. Please join me in praying that God will show me how he wants me to fill this time, because I know it isn't sitting here obsessively checking Facebook.
Hey Katie!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing a great thing by being over there. You are so brave!! and smart, too. You don't know me but me and mine are praying for you everyday, sometimes all day. We are praying for your family, too. Please keep up your spirits! Before you know it you'll be on your way home and wishing you could stay longer.
Love and hope and faith,
Miss Marnita